How to Make Progress on your Creative ProjectOct 30, 2023
I’ve joined a lot of group programs over the years, always looking for advice, education and collaboration on something I wanted to learn or accomplish. Those courses and group coaching sessions where I could ask a question and get a brief response taught me so much but I still felt like something was missing. What I really wanted was someone with skill and experience to come alongside me; to listen carefully and think with me about a strategy for reaching my goal. I wanted a mastermind - not just my brain with its own experience but someone who would put their mind on my project with me and that added brain power could solve the problem. Sometimes we are blessed with a best friend or a spouse who will do this, but often, our dreams are not something those close to us can focus on.
This is what a coach does. This is what I offer.
What are you working on in your life right now?
Want to refresh a room in your home but you don’t know where to start?
Do you have a goal or project you are working on that is stalled because your brain is offering up all the obstacles?
TIPS FOR TAKING ACTION:
1) Realize that it is NORMAL to feel resistance and, if you are creating something new that will serve others, improve your life, or make the world a better place, RESISTANCE will show up big time to stop you. Understand that your brain is going to offer you all kinds of thoughts, obstacles and reasons why you should stop. "Know thy enemy" is the first step to taking action because you will be able to corral those self-sabotaging thoughts and move forward anyway.
2) Be willing to move forward even though you don't feel competent. The only way to build something the first time is to do it imperfectly while feeling uncomfortable. We only get to competence through practice. You are not the only one who feels overwhelmed, silly or ignorant, Everyone who builds something goes through this. Nothing has gone wrong. All is well, Keep going.
3) Ask for help. If I was to do this again, I would ask for really personalized help sooner. I would have invested in a one-to-one coach instead of a million courses, seminars, events, and group programs. I thought I was saving money but I was actually delaying my success.
In 2024, I'll be offering 2 tracks of Creative Project Coaching:
1) Interior Design Coaching - walking you through a design project over 12 weeks with one-to-one personal meetings and step by step guidance through the phases of designing a room in your home.
2) Business, Branding, Tools and Strategies Coaching - walking you through setting up your business basics with elements you want from branding to a website, email, calendar, payment integration, Canva tutorials, and marketing ideas so you feel prepared to make your offers in a customized, professional way.
I've already taken ALL the courses so you don't have to.
Let's get you started bringing your special gifts to the world around you.
Book a FREE Getting Started Call with me to tell me about your project. I'll be honest about whether my coaching is right for you and how I can best help.